Is LASIK Affordable?
Many people hate wearing glasses and have often though about lasik eye surgery. In the United States it is often $4000 or more for both eyes. So, its not cheap but when you look at the cost of glasses over a 20-year period, then often it’s a better deal.
Dubai has one of the lowest LASIK eye surgery costs compared to European countries. Ultra Lasik starts at $1000 for both eyes and its best for people between the ages of 20-40 who have vision that has not changed for the past 2 years.
Several types of financing are available for laser eye surgery, including payment by Tabby and some banks offer financing options as well.
Determining if LASIK is right for you is the first step when considering laser vision correction. An eye exam and evaluation determine candidacy for laser vision correction procedures such as LASIK, SMILE, PRK, or other laser surgery. Investing in your vision involves figuring out how to pay for the procedure your eye surgeon recommends.
What is the cost of LASIK eye surgery?
According to statistics, LASIK eye surgery costs approximately $4,400. Across the country, the average price per eye is $2,200, and in Dubai, the price ranges between $1000 and $3000. For Ultra Lasik it can average $4000 for both eyes. As LASIK is an expensive procedure, most people plan, weigh their options, and deliberate before undergoing the procedure. Investing in quality care for your health and vision is worth the effort:
- The eye doctor you choose should have experience with laser vision correction.
- You need to make sure you fit the criteria for the procedure or even that you are an excellent candidate.
- Learn about LASIK eye surgery’s risks, side effects, and benefits.
After going through these steps, you can more confidently decide what suits you and your vision. Next, determine the financial aspects.
Is LASIK worth it?
What is your vision correction budget? Are you looking for new glasses? Is it a regular habit for you to wear contact lenses? How do you handle cases and find solutions? Are you stocked with fresh supplies?
Maintaining your current vision correction option costs you money. The average cost of LASIK surgery isn’t as expensive as you might think, and paying for glasses and contacts over thirty years is extremely costly.
Putting the LASIK Price Into Perspective
It can feel like much money to spend $4,400 on LASIK. We need to put things in perspective by closely examining the whole picture. Today’s average hourly wage is more than $30.00, a 40 percent increase over the last decade. A LASIK procedure used to require 225 hours of work in 2008; today, it takes 150 hours, or 30 percent less work.
Although LASIK surgery costs have decreased over time, technological advances have improved its safety and visual results. Surgeons can use these technologies to determine eligibility and procedure selection with the help of the latest diagnostic technology. The data from the diagnostics also guide each patient’s vision correction procedure.
Is a deal on LASIK worth it?
When it comes to LASIK or any other purchase, it is natural to want to get the best deal. LASIK and other vision correction surgeries are widely advertised on radio, television, and online. These ads must be more transparent with their LASIK eye surgery price range. Choosing an eye procedure based on the lowest price differs from getting a bargain on a new car. You should be aware of some pretty severe caveats regarding LASIK at questionable prices – think $99, $199, or $299 per eye:
- Consultations for LASIK may be charged at the beginning.
- LASIK surgery may not include pre- and post-operative visits
- The smallest prescriptions and the most straightforward procedures qualify for low-cost treatment.
- The most advanced technologies won’t be included in low-cost LASIK
- Consultations are usually free at most practices.
How much does LASIK enhancement cost?
- Many clinics offer packages that include follow-up appointments and even LASIK enhancements (if necessary). Discount LASIK providers typically offer ultra-low prices only to those with a small amount of nearsightedness (less than -1D). It usually costs a lot more to correct a patient’s vision prescription.
- LASIK laser technology today combines with advanced diagnostic instruments to improve outcomes and safety and allow surgeons to customize the procedure for each patient. The advanced technologies used in LASIK surgery benefit patients who undergo LASIK by a highly qualified surgeon. $99 will unlikely cover the most advanced LASIK diagnostic and laser equipment.
- What is the best advice? If you decide to work with someone, you should obtain a written estimate of costs. The cost of your procedure and care should be itemized, and LASIK enhancement fees should be discussed before scheduling the procedure. Remember to read the fine print.
- What goes into the cost of laser vision correction like LASIK?
- A laser vision correction is one of the things your eye surgeon will determine based on your eyes and vision needs. Since laser vision correction has several options today, this is essential.
- To get the best vision correction, each eye has individual needs and may require different treatments. Your surgeon may recommend the following options for laser vision correction:
Basic or conventional LASIK
- The first conventional LASIK surgery was performed in the U.S. in 1996 and has mostly stayed the same. As the least expensive option, it may be appropriate for some patients.
- LASIK excimer lasers are programmed with your vision prescription.
- Corneal flaps are created with a blade known as a microkeratome.
- Excimer laser treatment is applied to the eye’s surface under the flap.
- Over the treated area, the flap is gently replaced.
As LASIK technology has advanced since the conventional procedure first appeared, several advanced technologies have also been developed and approved. Clinical studies have demonstrated that these advancements lead to higher safety and better visual results than conventional LASIK. New laser vision technologies have also made more people eligible for surgery.