The natural evolution of online casinos: live casinos
In the world of online casinos, as in all sectors, the option of accessing online is full of attractions for users, such as not having to travel, the freedom of schedules, the possibility of accessing from any device with an Internet connection or, for example, the variety of information, statistics and advice that the casinos themselves offer to players.
The evolution of online casinos
Obviously, online casinos have evolved spectacularly over time, both at a technological level with better applications and interactivity (including computer security) and at a legal level, resulting in a better gaming experience and greater protection against problems and scams. Even so, this sector continues to evolve towards other ways of improving the online experience, one of them being the most popular: the inclusion of real croupiers or presenters in the game, known as live casinos.
Real person vs. machine
This appearance of real dealers in online casinos is motivated almost strictly by psychological issues. While in a traditional online casino the user plays against the software, which is in charge of the dealer’s duties, in an Astralian live casino it is a real person who deals the cards or spins the roulette wheel. As a result, the gaming experience is much more realistic and social, since, as in physical casinos, the user can see how the dealer performs these tasks.
But there are more factors that differentiate the game in online casinos where real people are employed. These are some characteristics of the live casino:
- The player can interact in a natural way with the dealer, asking him his doubts.
- Better payouts are usually obtained, since the human factor has a greater margin of error than the machine.
- In live casinos, the randomness of the numbers does not require RNG (Random Numbers Generator), leaving the outcome of the game in the hands of chance. Casinos that employ random generators, i.e. software, can remember patterns and therefore limit some of the randomness.
- The speed of the game is also different in online casinos and live casinos, as the latter are slower due precisely to the human factor. In live casinos, there is no “play” or “spin” button for the user to start the game immediately, you have to wait for the real dealer to make the deal or spin the roulette wheel. Perhaps this, although it has a disadvantage, is one of the features that make the game a more realistic experience.
- Although progress is being made in this area, the variety of games in live casinos is a little less than in traditional online casinos.
- If you want to know more about the differences between these casinos, you can do it in specialized websites such as this one, which talks about online casinos in Australia.
Differences in the game
Although the game itself is very similar, between an online casino and a live casino there are differences in the interface. In the traditional version of the online casino, the player has on his screen the game, the data (chips, credits, etc.), the bets and the buttons to start playing and of course the graphic that represents the game. In the case of the live version, the player also has the information on the screen, as well as his bets, but there is no button to start the game since it is the real dealer who deals the cards or starts the roulette wheel. But the biggest difference is in the image, since the game is not a graphic representation as in the case of the traditional online casino, since it is real video, in which, for example, you see the cards, or roulette, and of course one or more cameras and live microphones with which to see and hear the dealer.
Also the environment is different, since by using video cameras, you can see how the environment is similar to a real casino.
Although I have already explained it before, it is important to point out that in live casinos, no RNG or random number generator is used. In the live version the result is totally produced by chance.
Some live games in the live casinos
Although with a smaller variety of games than traditional online casinos, live casinos have a wide enough offer that more and more players prefer this version. As an example, here is a brief list of some of the games, known as “casino shows” or “game shows”:
- Deal or No Deal
- Football Studio
- Dream Catcher
- Live Mega Ball
- Side Bet City
- Live Lighting Dice
- Monopoly Live
- And many more
Language must also be taken into account. Most live casinos have croupiers with the player’s language, being English the most widespread.
In any case and as a conclusion, live casinos are capturing more and more the attention of the players, and although they provide realism to the gaming experience, it must be taken into account that players who make the leap from the real casino to the online casino can do it in a more natural way in live casinos.