What Is Cosmetic Tattoo
Cosmetic tattooing is a procedure that involves the application of specialised pigment into the upper layers of the skin. This technique can enhance various features such as eyebrows, lips, eyes, scalp, and more.
Understanding Cosmetic Tattooing
Cosmetic tattooing, or “permanent makeup, ” combines art and technology. Skilled technicians use precise instruments to implant hypoallergenic pigments under the skin. It aims to mimic natural makeup, from perfectly lined eyebrows to blush on the lips. It is a subtle art form, not about bold statements like traditional tattoos.
Cosmetic tattoo is a semi-permanent option that allows you to change your style and colour preferences as you evolve in your cosmetic journey. The pigments are designed to fade over time, allowing for adaptability and change.
Cosmetic tattooing has evolved significantly from traditional tattooing, using gentle techniques and numbing agents to ensure comfort during the procedure. It is a procedure and an opportunity to enhance your natural beauty and boost your confidence daily.
Cosmetic tattooing can enhance your features and simplify your beauty routine, providing a subtle, effortless look.
Benefits of Cosmetic Tattooing
- One of the significant benefits of cosmetic tattooing is the time saved in daily beauty routines. With perfectly shaped and coloured eyebrows or well-defined lips, individuals can avoid the inconvenience of applying makeup every day.
- Cosmetic tattoos are water and sweat-resistant, meaning your enhanced features will stay intact even when engaging in physical activities or humid conditions, unlike traditional makeup.
- Microblading eyebrows have the potential to positively impact individuals with conditions such as alopecia, scarring, or sparse eyebrows. It can restore natural-looking features, increasing self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Skilled cosmetic tattoo artists can customise the procedure to accommodate individual preferences, ensuring that the results align with each client’s facial structure and desired outcome.
Various categories of cosmetic tattoo
Welcome to the world of cosmetic tattooing, where various options are available to fulfil any desire for beauty.
Different methods for eyebrow tattooing include microblading, hair stroke, and feathered eyebrows. These methods use a small blade or fine needle to look hair-like. Ombré or powdered eyebrows, on the other hand, are created using a tattoo machine and have a darker finish to resemble brow makeup. Our services include a combination of styles called 3D or Combo brows. The effects of eyebrow tattooing typically last between 1 and 2 years, allowing for shape, thickness, and placement adjustments as our face ages.
Eyebrow tattoo techniques
- Powder Brows
- Combo Brows
- Ombre Brows
Eyeliner Tattooing enhances the lash line and offers a waterproof alternative for eye makeup. The treatment uses semi-permanent pigment, allowing for adjustments as our eyes change. These pigments are safe for delicate/sensitive skin. Maintenance treatments may be required after a few years.
Eyeliner tattoo techniques
- Lash Line
- Shading Technique
- Classic Eyeliner
Lip tattoo treatments vary in shades, from lipstick to a rosy hue, and can restore fullness and shape to the lip line. With the right colour choice, it can provide a subtle enhancement. One standard method is a complete lip stain or lip blush tattoo. These treatments can last multiple years before requiring maintenance.
Lip tattoo techniques
- Lip line tattoo
- Ombre lips
- Watercolour lips
- Tattoo lipstick
- Neutralising dark lips
Is cosmetic tattooing a suitable option for you?
Cosmetic tattooing treatments can replace parts of your daily makeup routine. These services enhance your features, providing a fresher appearance and boosting confidence. They suit women 18 and above and offer numerous benefits and applications.
- It can conceal alopecia/hair loss and restore eyebrows/lash lines that may have been lost due to chemotherapy or other conditions.
- This product is suitable for individuals with allergies to conventional makeup products.
- This product suits women with a busy schedule and limited time for their makeup routine.
- It provides a helpful solution for individuals with difficulties in hand coordination or visual impairments.
- This is an effective solution for women with active lifestyles who engage in regular exercise or swimming and experience issues with makeup smudging or disappearing.
- It can often rectify a prior eyebrow tattoo or conceal scars.
- It can address sparse or uneven eyebrows and help with eyeliner and lip lines.
- Cosmetic tattooing is an option for those who lack confidence in applying makeup or wish to eliminate its need.
Cosmetic tattooing is generally considered safe and comfortable when performed by an experienced technician. Like any cosmetic procedure, it is recommended to consult with a professional to determine if these treatments are suitable for you.
The process of cosmetic tattooing?
A small purpose-made cosmetic tattoo hand-held implanter is used by advanced practitioners, who may use multiple implanting machines and variable needles based on the client’s needs. The depth of the pigment deposited is carefully regulated, ensuring a safe and controlled procedure.
The cosmetic tattoo procedure is similar to a regular tattoo. There is a 30-minute consultation to discuss goals, design, facial morphology, size, medical history, and allergies. Rates are also discussed. The procedure is done in two stages. The first appointment lasts about two hours. We choose the colour, vaccinate, and anesthetise during the first hour. The second hour is spent applying the micropigmentation. After the procedure, we provide ice and a post-procedure briefing. Some discomfort is normal, but the anaesthetic should prevent severe pain. The second step is a follow-up appointment to address any issues related to achieving the client’s goals.
A change in pigmentation is regular within the first few weeks. Initially, the treated area may appear darker and lighter as the skin heals and peels off. This will result in a more subtle and natural shade.
Cosmetic Tattoo treatments typically involve two steps.
Each person’s healing rate varies, so at least two sessions are usually required for the desired look. These touch-up sessions can occur four to six weeks after the initial treatment. The pigment retention may differ in different areas depending on your skin type and healing speed. A small number of clients may require 2-3 additional perfecting sessions.
After the procedure, colours may appear darker and more defined. Over approximately 7-10 days, the colours will lighten by about 40%. It is usual for tattoos to flake or for clients to experience colour loss during this time.
How long does the tattoo last?
A cosmetic tattoo (eyebrows, lashline, lip blushing) typically lasts 1 to 3 years.
Various factors can impact its longevity.
- The client’s immune system plays a role in the speed of pigment removal, with faster results expected if the client rarely gets sick and has a robust immune system.
- The durability of permanent makeup may vary depending on skin type, with longer-lasting results typically seen in those with normal and dry skin compared to individuals with oily skin.
- The longevity of permanent makeup on an individual’s skin increases as they age.
- The duration of the pigment’s colour varies based on its tone, with lighter tones fading more quickly and brighter tones lasting longer.
- Sun exposure can potentially harm your cosmetic brow tattoo. Therefore, it is essential to use protection such as sunscreen with SPF 30, 50, or higher to safeguard your permanent makeup tattoo.
- Additional activities such as swimming, training, sauna use, and facial procedures like peels and cleansing may aid the expedited fading of pigments on your cosmetic eyebrow tattoo Melbourne.
Permanent makeup risks
Some products, like those with aloe vera, Retin A, or glycolic acid, can cause permanent makeup to fade faster. If you have fair skin, the tattooed skin may also fade quickly.
Potential risks of the procedure include infection, allergic reactions, granulomas, and keloid formations. Your specialist will address any concerns you may have before the procedure.
Permanent makeup costs
The cost of permanent makeup depends on your treatment goals and any additional services you may receive. Your surgeon will discuss the price of permanent makeup during your consultation, and our team is available to assist you in creating a payment plan that suits your needs.
Selecting a proficient cosmetic tattoo artist
When choosing a cosmetic tattoo artist, it is essential to consider factors such as qualifications and experience to ensure optimal results.
- When searching for artists, consider those who have obtained formal training and certifications from reputable institutions.
- Examine the artist’s portfolio to evaluate their abilities and the coherence of their work.
- Read reviews and testimonials from previous clients to learn about their experiences and satisfaction with the procedure.
Is it possible to remove permanent makeup?
Semi-permanent makeup is designed for longevity, but removal can be expensive and complicated. This type of tattooing is less deeply implanted and often uses distinct pigments.
There are various removal options for those dissatisfied with their permanent makeup or its results.
Techniques to remove permanent makeup, micropigmentation, or microblading include laser and non-laser methods.
The process of laser tattoo removal
Lasers can erase tattoos from different body areas, such as the eyebrows. They effectively remove permanent makeup, microblading eyebrows Melbourne, ombre brows, lip tattoos, permanent eyeliner, and other cosmetic tattoos.
Laser tattoo removal is the most effective way to erase tattoos. Modern technology simplifies the removal of unwanted ink, avoiding at-home methods that might lead to severe skin damage or scars.
In eyebrow laser tattoo removal, a beam of light targets the skin, breaking the pigment into smaller fragments, enabling the body to expel the ink more readily.
Process of non-laser tattoo removal?
Non-laser cosmetic tattoo removal is gentler and less invasive than laser treatments, reducing the likelihood of scarring.
Those unhappy with their semi-permanent makeup, having outdated permanent makeup, uneven eyebrows, or uneven pigment are good candidates for this procedure.