WigFever Will Explain How To Maintain Your Colorful Wigs?
WigFever colorful wigs are a trend, and many women have long waited for them because it helps women express themselves however they want. Besides, who spends hours styling and coloring natural hair when you can achieve it in minutes using a wig? Depending on your choice and purpose, you can explore different colors.
However, with all these benefits, colored wigs require proper maintenance to stand the test of time. It requires extra care to preserve the color and prevent them from frizzing and tangling. If you’ve acquired a colored wig, you may be asking questions about how to wash it to preserve the color. Also, how often should you wash to make sure you don’t overwash the wig? If you are in this situation, you are in the right place. This article will discuss some tips on how to maintain your colored wig.
Tips for caring for colorful wigs
1. Reduce the number of washes
Colored wigs fade quickly, and that’s all thanks to frequent washing. If you want your wig color to last longer, you will need to reduce the number of washes. You can reduce washing to two or three times per week. In addition to preserving your wig’s color, it won’t lose essential oils to nourish it.
2. Rinse your hair with cold water
One mistake you should never make with your colored wig is washing it with hot water. This will reduce humidity and also cause frizz. You do more damage to your wig after washing it in hot water.
Instead, you should use cold water as this will help protect the color, reduce frizz and seal the hair cuticle. If you do wash your hair, wash only with cold or lukewarm water to prolong its life.
3. Use a leave-in conditioner
Conditioners are a safe option for preserving your wig color. It is especially recommended to use a leave-in conditioner. This conditioner will protect your hair shaft from UV damage and frizz. Plus, it will repair any damage caused by exposure to hot styling tools.
4. Use dry shampoo
When you are not washing your colored wigs, you can use dry shampoo on them as they will protect the color. Also, you can use tinted dry shampoo to enhance the color, making it last longer. This hair product will ensure that your hair looks good even without washing it.
5. Use heat protectant products
Although there is always a lot to be said about not using hot styling tools on your wig. However, this may seem impossible as you have to find different styles of these tools. With this inevitability, you need to make sure you use a heat protectant spray. These hair products will minimize the effects of these hot tools on your colored wigs.
How to wash your colorful wig?
- Like other women’s wigs, colored wigs are easy to wash. Start by combing the wig using a wide-toothed comb. Ideally, you can start combing on one side and then slowly work your way to the other side to remove knots and minimize hair damage.
- It is recommended to use cold and soft water for washing. Soak for about 15 minutes; After that, you can use shampoo to wash the hair and rinse it completely. As mentioned earlier, use only color-protecting shampoos to preserve the color of your wig.
- Once washed, gently pat hair using a towel to remove moisture. Next, apply leave-in conditioner to hair and comb through with your fingers, avoiding letting the conditioner come into contact with the roots of colored hair. After a few minutes, you can wash off the conditioner with water.
- After washing out the conditioner, wrap colored hair using a wash towel to remove moisture and air dry to remove remaining moisture. If you don’t have enough time, you can dry on a low temperature.
How often do you need to wash a colorful wig?
Generally, most women wash their wigs once or twice a week. However, the number of washes depends on your lifestyle or how often you wear the wig. Once you notice that your hair has become dry or sticky, you can wash it off with cold water. Although they are easier to dry than black women’s wigs, you need to reduce the number of times you wash them.
This is because frequent washing will shorten their service life. Also, you may need to take it off at night as this will help you use less conditioner and shampoo on it.
Benefits of wearing WigFever Colorful Wigs
1. Present a unique look.
Colorful wigs will make you stand out and give you a unique look. Whether wearing a fully colored wig or shades of color, it will help you portray yourself as you always wanted.
2. Easy to wear
Consider using a colored wig when you’re short on time and need something to give you a specific look. These are put-on-and-go wigs that require minimal styling and are easy to wear. Colored wigs are convenient and will save you the time you would spend on drying, styling and coloring your hair.
3. Explore different shapes.
Every woman has her own reason for wearing a wig: to cover thinning hair, to complement short hair, or to keep up with the times. One of the benefits of using colored wigs is being able to explore different looks. Also, you can use it during Halloween or for a costume party.
A colored wig matches your colored hair. It needs all the care to preserve its essence. Often times, the quality of your wig will determine how long it will last. However, WigFever offers high quality wigs in a variety of colors. Colorful wigs give a way to express yourself and look different. Buying this type of fever wigs are an investment worth every penny, plus they are not always expensive.