How to write an essay about racism
Since racial abuse is one of the most vexed social problems lots of people around the planet have faced, in all likelihood, your teacher may ask you and your peers to submit a paper discussing this subject. This paper is supposed not only to show how well you have mastered your writing ability but also to express your view on this issue.
If you don’t feel like doing this assignment on your own, then obtain services from the Pro Papers professionals or you can try type my essay. But if you want to try your hand in creating a successful paper, then read this article from soup to nuts. Here, you will find a guide on how to create your piece properly.
1. Brainstorm your thoughts. To create an outstanding paper, you have to phrase a topic that will spark your educator’s interest.
To create an outstanding paper, you have to phrase a topic that will spark your educator’s interest. To meet the challenge, look through the academic pieces available on the Web for free or you can buy an essay. Peruse through them, pick the ones you like best, do some research, and make up your own unique topic.
- As an alternative, turn to newspapers and TV programs for inspiration.
If your educator has assigned a topic to you, skip this step.
For example, you could write about how racism and implicit bias leads to inequality in medicine and healthcare in the United States. This is a powerful subject, but it’s just one option. (And if you yourself have suffered injuries in a healthcare setting, you may consider contacting a Kentucky medical malpractice lawyer for help.)
2. Determine the type of your piece.
If your educator has determined the format of your assignment, then you should follow the instructions thoroughly to meet all the requirements. In another scenario, you should determine the type of your document on your own.
- This can be an argumentative, expository, or any other paper. While all essay formats share particular similarities, they also have big differences. Therefore, it is vital to decide on the format of your piece before getting to write it.
3. Do some research on your subject
This step is all about collecting relevant data.
- Surf the Internet, go to the library, watch documentaries, peruse through newspapers, etc.
- Talk to those who have once been subjected to racial abuse. They probably have much to say.
- Everything that can provide some info on your topic is a good source to use for your paper unless your instructor has put some restrictions on using specific materials.
4. Come up with a theme sentence.
This is your position presented in a few words. As a racism paper sample, it can be one of the below-mentioned or something like that.
- Racism harms the innocents.
- Racial discrimination affects all people.
- Racism makes individuals lose their dignity.
5. Create a list of ideas.
Even though you have probably collected enough evidence including someone’s thoughts, it is important to create your own ideas to end up with a unique paper.
- Don’t be in hurry, find a quiet place, and think about your paper: what you want it to be about.
- Write down all thoughts so you can later choose the strongest ones.
6. Provide a thesis statement.
It should summarize all of your strongest ideas and be included at the beginning of your introduction.
- When creating it, think about your topic, as well as your position.
- Keep in mind that you will then have to prove your statement with backup ideas from your research; therefore, make sure that you don’t lack info.
7. Develop some arguments.
Once you have come up with your statement, do your best to build your backup ideas. You will use them to sustain your position. Don’t forget that every claim should be followed by a detailed example.
- Racism is harmful because …
- These are some examples to back up these claims.
Finish every example in a way that makes every recipient realize how bad racial abuse is. Don’t neglect to use emotional language. It will only add to your powerful response to such an emotive issue.
8. Write an introduction.
The main idea behind this chapter is to get your recipients interested in the arisen problem and its peculiarities.
- Start out by providing a strong hook. This may be a popular quotation or one or two sentences telling about an interesting fact.
- Come up with the main idea of your piece and then proceed to introduce the body section.
- Don’t include obvious phrases such as, “This chapter is about” or “The main idea of this paper is”.
9. Create an effective body of your paper.
Stick to your instructors’ requirements in terms of word count. Don’t write pages of text if your educator wants you to write five paragraphs or so.
- Use more accurate statements. It is better if you say “Racial abuse makes people weak” rather than “Racial abuse is bad”.
- Include transitional words and phrases such as “consequently,” “accordingly,” “wherein,” etc. They speak for improved writing skills and help the readers to understand where one thought gives way to another one.
- Don’t wander from your theme as it may distract the recipients from the main idea of your piece. Don’t include unnecessary information even if it seems to be interesting.
- Don’t use phrases with personal pronouns such as “To my mind”, “I suggest”, “We believe”, etc. Instead of writing “I believe that African Americans receive longer prison sentences than white citizens” provide your recipients with the fact: “African Americans receive prison sentences which are longer than those of white citizens”.
10. End up with a conclusion.
Even though it is the last stage of your creative process, it is not the right time to let your hair down. In fact, this section is your last chance for your document to retain in your recipients’ memory.
- Don’t create too much text, just provide several well-crafted sentences.
- Give a brief overview of your statement and the points of view that stand behind your position.
Create a memorable last sentence. If you have provided, for the most part, a good document but failed to create an outstanding concluding chapter that sticks in your recipients’ memory, be sure that this will have a negative effect on your grade.