5 Summer Trends to Look Out for in 2022
Everybody loves summer for a lot of things. For one, the weather during summer is perfect for spending more time at the beach, trying out a new outdoor sport, or traveling to new destinations. You can’t run out of activities to do during summer!
But the weather isn’t the only reason why many people love and crave summer — this season also calls for new fashion trends. The weather during this time of the year is warmer, which means that you need to upgrade your wardrobe for more suitable and comfortable clothes.
Here are five summer trends that are sure to make waves in 2022:
1. Floral Dresses
Does the idea of mixing shirts and pants stress you out? Are you looking for a piece that’s easy to put on yet leaves a lasting impression? If you answered “yes” to the questions posted, start shopping for floral dresses from the Next catalogue. Floral dresses are expected to remain on-trend this summer because they’re very comfortable and allow you to showcase your personality.
Floral dresses are fun pieces because they come in a wide variety of styles. You can wear flowy floral dresses when you’re out with friends or a tight-fitting floral dress for more formal occasions. You can also choose to wear floral dresses with or without sleeves.
Tips to Style Floral Dresses
- Wear a floral dress with a printed bag (preferably one that clashes the color of our dress) for a fresh look.
- Keep your look casual by pairing your floral dress with a pair of trainers.
- For a more retro look, pair a navy blue floral off-shoulder dress with straw accessories, like a straw bag and hat.
1. Playsuits and Jumpsuits
If you want to wear something flattering all summer long, you should add several pieces of playsuits and jumpsuits to your closet. These pieces are perfect for summer because they’re easy to wear, comfortable, and can define your waistline.
Playsuits and jumpsuits are also versatile, meaning you can dress them up or down. Are you going for a formal dinner by the beach with your friends? Pair your navy blue bandeau playsuit with a plain-colored blazer. Looking for a more laidback outfit for your summer vacation? Wear a black ditsy shirred bandeau jumpsuit and pair it with your favorite sneakers.
Tips to Style Playsuits and Jumpsuits
- Choose a floral patterned jumpsuit and pair it with a pair of crisscross sandals and a wooden bag.
- For wide-leg jumpsuits, pair them with heels to make your legs longer.
- You can wear an all-white playsuit paired with sandals and a tote bag for a day at the beach.
Wearing clothes in plain colors all the time can eventually make your outfit look boring. And because your outfit speaks a lot about your personality, a boring outfit will make people think that you also have a boring personality. If you want to take things up a notch this summer, wear pieces with stripe patterns.
Stripes have been prevalent in many fashion shows earlier this 2022, and it’s easy to see why. Stripes can create the illusion of height, pull the outfit together, and flatter every shape and size. This trend is also very versatile because different styles of stripes create different looks!
Tips to Style Stripes
- For more form-fitting pieces, like dresses and skirts, thinner stripes will be more flattering.
- If you’re short, avoid wearing horizontal stripes on your bottom half, as these will make you look wider. It’s best if you wear vertical stripes as these will elongate your legs.
- Mix stripes with other prints, such as geometric and florals, to bring more fun to your look.
1. Micro Mini Skirt
Covering your legs with a pair of trousers and jeans will only bring discomfort during summer. The weather can be agonizing during this time of the year, which is why it’s best to wear something short — and this is why a micro mini skirt will become more popular during summer.
Micro mini skirts ensure comfort as your legs can finally breathe. These pieces also support mobility as you can easily move around when you have one on. And most importantly, micro mini skirts offer better aesthetics because they have more verve and flair.
Tips to Style Micro Mini Skirts
- Create a monochromatic look by pairing a plain-colored micro mini skirt with tops, shoes, and bags in the same color.
- If you want to make a positive statement during summer, invest in a micro mini skirt with colorful prints, such as zebra patterns and pink plaids.
- To create a personalized look, add a chain belt to your micro mini skirt.
2. Crop Tops
Summer is about showing off your skin — which is why wearing crop tops is a must. Crop tops are conveniently available anywhere, and wearing one can give you more confidence. Plus, if you’ve been working out to prepare for the summer, wearing a crop top is one of the best ways to show people how toned your abs are.
Another reason why crop tops are great summer pieces is that they come in a vast array of styles. Nowadays, you can buy crop tops in plain colors or bold prints and different sleeve lengths. One-sided crop tops and crop tops with huge ribbons are also becoming more popular.
Tips to Style Crop Tops
- For a more feminine look, pair your crop top with a flowy skirt. If your crop top is plain-colored, opt for a colorful skirt to make your look more interesting.
- Crop tops also work well with any type of jeans — may it be bootcut, high-waisted, low cut, or flared.
- Matching shorts and crop top sets can become your go-to summer outfit because it saves you time and effort in deciding what to wear. Plus, this outfit is appropriate for different indoor and outdoor activities.
Who says looking good and staying comfortable during the summer is challenging? As long as you pay attention to the trends for the upcoming season, you can achieve these goals easily. And when you know which pieces to wear, you won’t have any problems enjoying summer!